eviivo Awards 2019
Tastiest Breakfast Award 2019
We take breakfast incredibly seriously at eviivo. In fact, we love breakfast so much that in 2016 we had Great British Bake Off judge Prue Leith taste-test the final three properties shortlisted for the Tastiest Breakfast Award. In 2017, we invited Michelin star chef Michel Roux Jr. to find our ultimate winner, whilst last year, Phil Vickery, from ITV’s This Morning, helped choose the champion. Last year we even published the eviivo Great British B&B Breakfasts cookbook, crammed full of wonderful breakfast recipes.
The Tastiest Breakfast Award recognises the best breakfasts being served up to guests every day. This could be a traditional fry-up done brilliantly, or something more unique and quirky but equally appetising (a martini shaken not stirred perhaps…). The award can be given on the quality of a particular signature breakfast, the sourcing of the ingredients or the sheer range of choices available – but ultimately it’s the taste that is key in deciding the winner.
Tastiest Breakfast Award judging criteria
- The judges will decide the winner based on their signature dish.
- The judges will want to know what ingredients are used and how they are sourced.
- We want to know the inspiration behind creating this dish.
- The signature dish may be prepared in a specific or unique way.
- The property will make an effort to cater to specific dietary requirements.
Applications for the Tastiest Breakfast Award 2019 are now closed!
We have had a record number of entries this year, and the judging panel is currently in the process of compiling the award category shortlist – these should be announced mid-July.